Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Trusting him through everything..

We all have gone through difficult times in our life. It may be the loss of a love one, moving to a new town or just chaos. We become so overwhelmed at times that we allow that storm to control our life. One of my favorite verses is "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding;in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight" - Proverbs 3:5. That verses has helped me so many times in my life. When I was not sure what decision to make, I just trusted in him. When at times I don't understand why he allows certain things to happen in my life, I just trust him. Trust the Lord even when you don't understand. There are certain things in life that we have no control over and we cannot change them, we have to remember that he always knows what's best for us.

Today, in one of my devotion's the author said that sometimes when we are in the middle of a storm, we allow the storm to become our way of life. We can't see the way out and are unable to chart a course back to smoother waters. We become defeated-and broken. So many times in life we can't find the way out of a storm. We just sit there defeated and broken. We need to just give all our cares and worries to the Lord because he cares for us. He wants us to go to him when can't find our way out. He knows us better than anyone else will. Always remember that the one who calms the winds and the waves, heals the brokenhearted. Reflect today on giving him all your worries you have in life. He is waiting for us to ask him for his guidance.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post, Savannah. I think I needed to read this today. I've been stressed out to the max lately.
    Hope you're doing well... you and David should come up one weekend and we can all go to the river together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very true. Good stuff! thanks for sharing : )

    ReplyDelete