Saturday, November 26, 2011

Giving the Lord everything no matter what..

It’s hard to believe that it’s going to be December in just a few days. Where does the time go? It seems like yesterday it was spring time. Sometimes I am glad that the time went by so fast but others I wish that time could have slowed down. This month was a month I reflected on the blessings in my life. I have so much to be thankful for. I have a wonderful Christian family that loves me no matter what. I have so many friends in my life that I would not trade for anything in the world. I have gone through some difficult times this past year but my close friends were always there to listen and help me get through it. I am a blessed girl to have a great boyfriend. He is always there when I need him and he puts a smile on my face. I may not get to see him as much as I would like. But the times that we do get to spend together are priceless.

Thanksgiving is always hard for me sometimes without my grandpa. I miss him so much. I know that he would be so proud of me. He loved his family so much and they meant the world to him. Sometimes we don’t understand the plans that the Lord has for our life but we just have to trust him. I know that I have written many blogs about how we have to trust in the Lord even when we don’t understand. The other day I was reading some of my older post that I had wrote this year. I found myself saying that a lot. It is a constant reminder that sometimes we have to trust that his ways are better than our ways.

Earlier this month I finished reading a book called “Crazy Love.” It really spoke to me in a big way. It was about living out our Christian life. I think so many times as humans we just wake up and go through our daily routine and don’t look for an opportunity to make a difference that day. As humans we are creatures of habit. I have to admit to you that even after reading crazy love about making changes in my life, I still have yet to fully give it all and make all the changes. Why is it that is so hard to fully surrender? I think its fear of the unknown. I think we begin ask questions like the following: What if means that God wants me to change this in my life? I can’t give that up, it’s too hard. That’s scary; I don’t think I am capable to do something like that?

God has called us to be different. One of my life verses is this: “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.”- Proverbs 3:5-6. We have to fully trust in him, knowing that he will take care of us no matter what.

One last thing I want to leave you with. It’s a post that I left on a bible study recently on Ruth. Ruth was an amazing woman. I can imagine that she was beautiful but more than anything she loved the Lord with all her heart. My post: “Girlfriends... I don't know about you’ll but this week really spoke to me in many ways. Day 4 spoke about in Proverbs 31 it says that her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. I long to be a woman that seeks the Lord. I think so many times as a single person that we are sitting around waiting on God to send us "the one". When really we need to be serving the Lord and striving to have those traits that special person is looking for in a mate. This week I have realized that I need to be praying more and staying in his word. I am doing Ruth and reading Crazy Love at the same time. In the book Crazy Love it talks about how God wants us to give our all and not be lukewarm. I realized this week that I just need to give all my worries my concerns to God and stop trying to make things happen. When I try to make things happen, it never has a good ending. This coming up week I am going to try to be the one that the Lord longs for me to be.”

1 comment:

  1. I miss Grandpa, too. The holidays definitely aren't the same without him.

    ReplyDelete