Friday, August 7, 2009

A man that will never be forgotten..

I know it's been a while since my last post. I have been busy this week. I will try to write more. Yesterday was my birthday, I turned 22. To me it was just another day. I don't feel any older. I had breakfast with David before he left to go home to Georgia. Then, I had supper with the family at Godfather's Pizza. It was a great day!

Today would have been my grandpa's birthday. I miss him very much. I always thought it was cool that his birthday was after mine. I always called him and sang happy birthday to him. This year I didn't get to do that. Sometimes I can still hear his voice. He always knew how to make me smile. He would be so proud to know that I have finished college now and on my way to the workforce.

We will never understand some things until we get to heaven. We just have to have faith that God always knows best and knows what he is doing. He was so proud of allhis children and grandchildren. I remember one day when I was at Grandma's house while he was in the hospital that I almost lost it. For years I had always seen all the pictures he had all around the house of all the graduates and everyone in the family. I saw them all the time, but that day it hit me. I realize that he was so proud of all of us and he would not trade us for anything. He will always have a special place in my heart. He was the best grandpa and the only one that I had growing up.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, honey - Grandpa would be SO proud of you. You know he's watching you with the biggest smile on his face - beaming with happiness because of the wonderful young woman you've become.

    I love you girlie :)

    ReplyDelete