Sunday, July 3, 2011

Change.. No one likes that word..


Change no one likes that word. It’s because you don’t know what change will bring. It means that you are no longer in control or know what to expect in the future. The dictionary defines change: to make the form, nature, content, future course, etc., of (something) different from what it is or from what it would be if left alone. I know that even as a child I didn’t like change. It’s the unknown that scares me. As a child I had all my plans in my mind of how my life would be. My plans never where as I planned because of the word change...

As a human, I don’t like change but over and over in my life I have found out that change happens every day. The way that we react when change happens is what matters. Our human nature we want to just give up and not move forward. We want to bring back the past because the past was comfortable. We knew how to move forward, life was just the way that we wanted it. But if we have that attitude then where does change have in our life. As a Christian we have to give up all of our plans and let God direct our life. Most of the time the word change will take place when we want to follow Christ. Sometimes change is what it may take for us to realize that he wants us to give it all to him. He knew before we were born how our life would be. He knew that sometimes it may take change in our life for us to fully understand what faith is.

Sometimes it may take a storm in our life to know we need a shelter. When we can’t trace his hand we must trust his heart. He has a bigger plan than the ones that we have for our life. I struggle sometimes when change comes into my life, I want to get upset with God because I had it all planned out only for him to take it away from me. Maybe sometimes he has to take us to the lowest place for us to realize what he is trying to tell us that he is all that we need in this life. He knows what is best for us. I mean he did create us. He knows us better than anyone else. My savior knows that I love music and poetry that it is my heart. So sometimes he has to get my attention in those ways. He reminds me that he hasn't forgotten about me. That he is holding my hand through it all.

I have to tell you about my friend, the piano. I have not played it in probably about a year. I don’t have one at my house in Loxley. Well, this past Saturday, something hit me to play it. I sat at the piano just like it was yesterday; I played and played probably the rest of the afternoon. It was like therapy to me. I felt so bad for leaving it. I felt like when I sat at the piano it was just the music and me. It’s amazing how you forget the things that you love so much. As a human I get so caught up in wanting to be what others want me to be. When, really that gets me nowhere. People will always let me down. God will never leave me no matter what. He knows my heart, my desires. He will hold my hand through the darkest times in my life. He knows when I’m hurting and he reminds me that it will only make me stronger and that he knows that it will take time but he’s going to hold me all the way. He will never give up on me.

2 comments:

  1. Psalm 139:16 ... God has all of your days planned out for you. Continue to trust Him. :) Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was unexpected changes that brought me to the place I am today. Happy and contented. Chin up, baby girl. Love you.

    ReplyDelete